Nowruz, this ancient cultural tradition, is an important festival of blossoming and happiness for Iranians and Persian-speaking people in the world. To celebrate the coming Nowruz and the beginning of a new century, we have decided to have an International Photography Contest for university students.
Therefore, we invite students from all over the world to participate in this cultural and artistic event and enter the contest by sending us their original photos.
The call is only open to university students around the world. The Submission is free.
Submission Rules and Guidelines:
- Students must submit their work by visiting the following link:
- Only photos sent in a digital format are accepted (Prints will not be accepted).
- Photos need to be recent, and must have been taken within the past year.
- Each student can participate by sending one photo or a collection of photos. Maximum 3 works allowed for each student.
- Digital files submitted should be saved as .jpg, in RGB format, max 10 MB per file, with no more than 3000px.
- Submitted works will be judged based on their artistic quality, originality, and relevance of the topic.
- Editing the photos is allowed as long as it does not change the details. Therefore, adding or removing anything is forbidden, and if there is a change in the EXIF, the entry will be disqualified.
- Submitted works must not have been featured in or selected by another competition.
- No watermark, logo or any other identifying mark is allowed anywhere on the submitted photos, otherwise, the entries will be disqualified.
- In order to help the jury members understand the photos better, participants can write a short statement when submitting their work. It is important to note that this statement is NOT mandatory.
- University of Guilan declines any responsibility in copyright infringement and/or unauthorized references to photographed subjects including people, objects, and organizations portrayed within. Participants must own the copyright to their photos.
- University of Guilan owns the right to use the submitted photos in media, advertisement and displays (both in Iran or in other countries) with the name of the artists mentioned in all cases.
- Photos submitted after the deadline and photos that do not follow the rules will not be considered.
Submission Opening: February 15, 2021
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2021
Shortlist Announcement: May 5, 2021
Winners Announcement: May 21, 2021
Winners will be published on our website and social networks.
Prize: Artists whose works have been selected by the committee will receive a certificate.